Our Creative Director, Mark Wooley, tells you what to ask for and how to maintain this seasons hottest colour...
What should I ask my hairdresser for:
- Make sure your stylist looks at your hair in natural light before you settle on colours.
- As we move into Autumn, you should replace harsher tones with more subtle shades. Ask your colourist to weave in a slightly contrasting shade as well to add warmth to your skin.
- This seasons top tones are beige and cream blondes so ask for these if you want to stay ahead of the game.
- You might also want to add a lighter colour around the front in order to frame your face.
- Or you can use low lights underneath the blonde to add depth and texture to finer hair.
How do I maintain my Autumnal colour between salons visits:
- You can use silver shampoo if you find you need to remove any build up of unwanted warmth but be careful you don’t use this too often or it will start to amend your desired tone.
- Always use a colour protect shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair in the best condition and maintain the colour.
- Use a light styling product that evaporates on the hair to avoid any unnecessary light reflection that might take away from the carefully curated colour.