Earlier this month the Electric Family once again teamed up with renowned session stylist Johnnie Sapong at the SS20 London Fashion Week Men's. Described as 'probably the best hairdresser in the world' by The Sunday Times, Sapong is a member of The Wall Group and uses the Electric Professional Product range on the shows he works on all over the world.
Inspired by Wong Kar-wai’s In The Mood For Love, the style pays homage to the vibrant atmosphere of Hong Kong’s famous markets, “The hair is groomed with a slick back elegance reminiscent of the classic film. It’s all about that 60’s elegance within film and cinematography. Think Peter Tosh meets Bruce Lee meet David Bowie!”
STEP BY STEP:
1. To prep, apply a generous amount of Electric P*-4 Preparation Spray directly on hair and work the product with hands from roots to ends.
2. Apply a cocktail mix of Electric °C-4 Shaping Paste and Electric °C-1 English Rose Serum; using a colour brush, liberally apply to hair until completely wet look for a glossy, slick finish.
3. Place a hair net over hair, diffuse dry on a low slow speed to ensure hair is set with no frizz
4. Remove net, touch up any stray hair with the cocktail mix.
5. Finish by spraying Electric °C7 e.Spray for a long-lasting hold.
Inspired by four different earthy materials and elements; Clay, Glass, Lead and Water, all showcasing deconstructed looks with added texture.
CLAY - STEP BY STEP:
1. To prep, apply a generous amount of Electric P*-4 Preparation Spray directly on hair and work the product with hands to add hold.
2. Mix together the Electric °C-8 Invisible Volume Chalk and metallic powder, then add to the hair across the top of head and forehead.
3. Finish by spraying Electric °C7 e.Spray for a long-lasting hold.
GLASS – STEP BY STEP:
1. To prep, spritz a generous amount of Electric P*-4 Preparation Spray directly on hair and work the product in from roots to ends.
2. Using black plastic hair ties take small sections at the front of the hair and secure at the root
3. Work section by section to the top of the hair, spraying each section with Electric °C7 e.Spray from mid-lengths to ends and comb through.
4. Take sections straight out at alternate angles, using straighteners and then alternate with the crimper.
5. Finish with a light spritz of Electric °C7 e.Spray for added hold.